SODES Next Generation Scholarships
As part of its marine industry promotional campaign, SODES awards a $1,500 scholarship to a graduate or postgraduate student in a field related to the maritime industry, as well as to a Institut maritime du Québec student.
Information – 2017 University scholarship
• St. Lawrence Economic Development Council (SODES)
October 13, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. EST
Promote university graduate-level studies in fields related to responsible marine-sector economic development.
Examples: transport logistics, oceanography, environment, engineering, international trade, international logistics, water sciences, geography, administration, etc.
- 1 grant of $1500 (non-renewable)
*Grant available for the years 2017 and 2018.
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents
- Master’s and Doctorate levels
- All programs
- Be a Canadian citizen or have resident or permanent resident status;
- Have completed two (2) terms in his/her program at the time of application;
- Be registered as a full-time student at the time of application and during the year for which the grant is awarded (12 or more credits per session);
- Be registered in a Quebec university in a field of study or research related to responsible marine-sector economic development;
- Show leadership and involvement in his/her field.
To receive this grant, you must participate to the SODES luncheon-conference on November 16, 2017 in Montreal.
- Academic excellence (at university) 50%
- Research potential 30%
- Leadership characteristics and social skills 20%
The candidate’s file must contain the following:
- application form;
- summary of research proposed, describing the research project and its importance for one or more fields of research related to the maritime sector (1 page maximum);
- detailed résumé;
- official copy of most recent transcript.
SODES awarded the first SODES Next Generation scholarship to Charles Gignac, a PhD student in water sciences at the Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS). The jury, consisting of Bernard Gendron, Director of the Interuniversity Research Centre on Enterprise Networks, Logistics and Transportation (CIRRELT), Pierre-Olivier Pineau, Professor at HEC Montréal, and Nathalie de Marcellis-Warin, Associate Professor at Polytechnique Montréal, recognized his academic excellence and his research’s potential (“Sea Ice: Past, Present and Future”).
Scholarship for Institut maritime du Québec’s students
SODES also recognizes the academic excellence of Institut maritime du Québec (IMQ) students.