SODES Next Generation Scholarships
As part of its marine industry promotional campaign, SODES awards a $1,500 scholarship to a graduate or postgraduate student in a field related to the maritime industry, as well as to a Institut maritime du Québec student.
Information – 2021 University scholarship
- Lawrence Economic Development Council (SODES)
October 1, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Promote graduate-level studies in fields related to responsible maritime economic development.
Examples: transport logistics, oceanography, environment, engineering, international trade, international logistics, water sciences, geography, administration, etc.
- 1 scholarship of $1 500 (non-renewable)
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents
- Master’s and PhD students
- Postdoctoral fellows
- All programs
- Be a Canadian citizen or have resident/permanent resident status;
- Have completed two (2) sessions in your program at the time of application;
- Be registered as a full-time student at the time of application and during the year for which the scholarship is awarded;
- Be enrolled in a Québec university in a field of study or research related to responsible maritime economic development;
- Show leadership and involvement in your field/community.
Academic excellence (at university) 40%
Research potential 35%
Character traits and social skills 15%
Essay question 10%
We would like to learn more about you and your goals. Please answer the following essay question on your vision for the maritime sector in a Word document (300-700 words): “Explain your vision of the maritime sector of tomorrow. How will your contribution(s) help achieve this vision?”.
Your application must include the following:
- Application form;
- Summary of proposed research, describing the research project and its importance for the maritime sector (1 page maximum);
- Detailed résumé, including your involvement in university life, volunteering and community work;
- Copy of most recent transcript* and/or program average;
- List of your scientific or cultural publications, participation in studies or research, if applicable, linked to the maritime sector;
- Word document answering the essay question (300-700 words).
* Identify relevant program courses using a colour code if more than one program/study level is shown on the document provided. If you have no courses this session, please identify the courses linked to the maritime sector taken in previous years.