As part of its marine industry promotional campaign, SODES awards a $1,500 scholarship to university graduate-level studies in fields related to responsible marine-sector economic development. Students can apply until October 13, 2017.
Information – 2017 University scholarship
• St. Lawrence Economic Development Council (SODES)
October 13, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. EST
Promote university graduate-level studies in fields related to responsible marine-sector economic development.
Examples: transport logistics, oceanography, environment, engineering, international trade, international logistics, water sciences, geography, administration, etc.
- 1 grant of $1500 (non-renewable)
*Grant available for the years 2017 and 2018.
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents
- Master’s and Doctorate levels
- All programs
- Be a Canadian citizen or have resident or permanent resident status;
- Have completed two (2) terms in his/her program at the time of application;
- Be registered as a full-time student at the time of application and during the year for which the grant is awarded (12 or more credits per session);
- Be registered in a Quebec university in a field of study or research related to responsible marine-sector economic development;
- Show leadership and involvement in his/her field.
To receive this grant, you must participate to the SODES luncheon-conference on November 16, 2017 in Montreal.
- Academic excellence (at university) 50%
- Research potential 30%
- Leadership characteristics and social skills 20%
The candidate’s file must contain the following:
- application form;
- summary of research proposed, describing the research project and its importance for one or more fields of research related to the maritime sector (1 page maximum);
- detailed résumé;
- official copy of most recent transcript.