Marine Industry Forum
The Marine Industry Forum was created to ensure the effective, coordinated implementation of the initiatives proposed in the Québec Marine Transportation Policy adopted in June 2001.
The Forum is a consensus-seeking body composed of government and private-sector representatives and co-chaired by SODES Chairman of the Board and Québec Minister for Transport.
The Forum’s work is based on an action plan that is updated and reviewed regularly. The main themes guiding the Forum’s work are:
- Presence of sufficient numbers of qualified human resources
- Continental gateway and St. Lawrence – Great Lakes trade corridor
- Development of shortsea shipping
- Marine industry’s environmental performance
- Development of sustainable marine transportation
For more information on the Marine Industry Forum, see the Transports Québec website.