09:00 - 19:00
The Ship-source Oil Pollution Fund invites you to participate at our 30th anniversary celebration.
DATE: May 28th, 2019
TIME: From 9AM to 7PM (complimentary lunch and evening reception)
LOCATION: Delta Hotel, 101 Lyon St N, Ottawa, ON K1R 5T9
Please register before March 27, 2019, using this link: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/sopf-30th-anniversary-conference-cidphn-conference-du-30e-anniversaire-registration-56593031280
***Please also register if you want to participate remotely.
Conference participants will benefit from numerous high quality presentations and enjoy the opportunity to network with colleagues on key issues faced by the Fund over the past 30 years.
1. The Deputy Minister of Transport Canada (TC) will give the opening address.
2. The Administrator of the Fund will present an overview on how the Fund has benefited Canadians over the last 30 years.
3. An international panel will discuss the benefits Canada derives from and the contributions Canada makes to the international regime.
LUNCH: Complimentary lunch with guest speaker.
- The Fund’s in-house counsel will examine the application of the “polluter pays” principle in the context of important case law.
- A panel will discuss recent legislative changes, their impact on the Fund and other concerns shared by the Fund, TC and the CCG.
- A panel discussion will focus on advancing equality, diversity and inclusion and facilitating access to justice for victims of oil spills, including Indigenous and small communities.
- Law society’s CDP/CLE & EDI accreditation pending.
EVENING: The Honorable Marc Garneau, Transport Minister of Canada will address the participants at the Evening Reception.
ACCOMMODATION ON MAY 27: Conference room rate: $229.00 before April 24th | To Book a room, call: 1 888 236-2427, or 613-237-3600. Callers need to identify themselves as Ship-source Oil Pollution Fund attendees.